Saturday, August 14, 2010

Storytellin Saturday- George Wright Jr.

My story to tell today is about a guy named George Wright Jr.  He is one of the new family that I have recently found. :-)  According to the family tree I found online it states that George was a musician in the Revolutionary War.  If you would like, please comment below if you know anything about what a musician in the Revolutionary war did.  So far I have no proof of this but it is something I want to look into.  I may decide to pursue joining the DAR.  The source was listed as a History book for Greene County, New York.  I do know a bit about where information came from for the History books and that is anyone who wanted to pay to put a biography in there and whatever they wanted to put.  There is normally a grain of truth in there somewhere, so off to search I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment